Friday 24 March 2017

Mouse from Tales of a Stitching Mouse

This week's Blogger of the Week is another long-time online friend I've been following since the beginning of my blogging days, known to all as Mouse from


1. Please introduce yourself – name, where you are from, family, pets etc.

Mouse, married to DH for 28 years and counting, 2 DD’s and of course Master Bentley all living in the mouse house in Sunny South Yorkshire ..lol

Sunny Yorkshire

2. How long have you been stitching and how did you start?

Hmmmm hard question about the age of 6/7 did my first piece on binca and then rediscovered it again about 16 ish soooo a long time ago shhhhh

3. How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start? Is there a story behind your blog title?

I have always been known as mouse and I stitch and tell tales and the rest is history .. think been blogging now for .... pootle off to check blog ;) ....24/02/2010 eeeekkk just missed my 7 year blogaversary ....


4. How would you describe your stitching style? Are you a serial starter, a rotator, a OAAT (one at a time), highly organised, random and eclectic, etc.?

Hmmmm my style is definitely a serial starter but I flit from one start to another depending on my what shall I stitch on today mood ... if something is near finishing I will often concentrate on that first ... especially if it an exchange peice or a RAK for someone.

A gift for our hostess, Jo!

5. Do you have a favourite designer or style of design you are drawn to?

Favourite designers are LHN, L*K , Silver Creek Samplers, Samplers, Prim, basically a huge range of what I like to stitch ....also like speciality stitches too

Melicent Turner by LHN

6. Which piece are you most proud of in your collection?

Gosh this is a hard one .. I think it has to be the one I designed and there were 52 people stitching on it and one lady won first prize in a WI competition .....:)

We need to see a photo of this one Mouse!

Click here for photo!


7. What has been your worst stitching disaster?

Finding out that a wedding piece I was working on for a friend had been ruined from the metal stems on the flowers in the bouquet ... never got restarted

8. Which new technique would you like to try, either stitching, finishing or another craft?

Would love to try a flat fold not been brave enough yet ..lol and to do more creative patchwork too

9. Do you have a box of finished-but-not-fully-finished pieces? Or is everything FFO'd? What's your favourite way to fully finish a project and what do you do with them?

Sshhhh have you been looking in my craft room? .. I am trying to work my way through them .. often make them into wee pillows or frame or bell pulls depending on the size of the piece.

Craft room at the Mouse House.

10. Which of your projects most represents "you"?

Everything I have stitched has got a part of me in it .. I try to choose what I know the person would love to receive and think of them when finishing it off too.

A little bit of Mouse in every gift

11. Tell us a secret about yourself. Or a joke. About anything!

I have a blog ... don’t think there isn‘t much peeps don’t know about me ..lol ..

12. Anything you would like to add?

Apart from my stitching , quilting , crafting (can’t knit..lol) I love taking photos of everything and anything as my memory keepers and one day I will get round to scrapbooking the best ones.




26 comments:

  1. Nice to get to know a bit more about you Mouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed reading about you and I agree with Jo,a photo of your design would be great:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading more about you. Thank you for sharing.....love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog Michelle. I especially enjoy the many excellent pictures you take and share with us. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you mouse! I love all that work space filled with pieces of art made and to be made!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mouse, your craft room is a treasure trove! Lovely to learn more about you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this one as I have been very curious about Mouse for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to learn a little more about you, Mouse. I remember your sampler clearly as I finished it and enjoyed every stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to get to know you Mouse. I love reading your blog and seeing your stitching

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to get to know more about Mouse. Thanks for sharing Mouse and Thanks for hosting Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blog post, Mouse, although I would love to see lots and lots more pics and you forgot to say what a great photographer you are, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you every one :) you are making this wee mouse blush ... I have popped a photo of said design on my blog if you want to bob over and have a looksee :)
    www.talesofastitchingmouse.blogspot.com ..... love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How nice to find out a bit more about you, Mouse - thanks for sharing with us! Running over to your blog now to take a peek at that design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely to read about you. I have craft room envy right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much fun to learn more about Mouse. I have enjoyed reading her blog over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these interviews. Learning about stitchers and seeing pictures of their work is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So nice to read your answers in this interview with you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, Ms. Mouse! A perfect choice, Jo! I've been visiting your blog for ages, Mouse, and always admire what a wonderful photographer you are, as well as stitcher and finisher! It was fun to hear more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing, Mouse. Great to meet you! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So nice to learn even more about you! You have plenty to keep you busy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice to meet you, Mouse! Your craft room is quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely to read more about you Mouse. Your craft room dresser does look inviting, I could look at that for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice to meet you Mouse and what a lovely craft room you have there!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.