Friday 15 June 2018

Martina from Mein Allerlei Hobby

We're staying in Germany for this week's Blogger of the Week, another opportunity for you to practise your German.  But don't worry, there is an English translation too!  I met this week's Blogger through RJ and Mary's blog once again.  She shows some lovely stitching and beautiful quilts too.  She is also stitching along with the Temperature SAL that I am doing.  Please welcome Martina from




1. Bitte stell dich vor - Name, wo du herkommst, Familie, Haustiere etc.

Hallo ihr Lieben. Mein Name ist Martina , ich habe zwei wundervolle Kinder und lebe im schönen Rheinland-Pfalz in Deutschland. Ich habe einen tollen Ehemann, und wir haben 3 kleine Zwergkaninchen. Umgeben von Wald lebt es sich herrlich in unserem Dorf.

Please introduce yourself – name, where you are from, family, pets etc.

Hello my dears. My name is Martina, I have two wonderful children and I live in the beautiful Rhineland-Palatinate in Germany. I have a great husband and we have 3 little dwarf rabbits. Surrounded by forest, it is wonderful to live in our village.

2. Wie lange hast du genäht und wie hast du angefangen?

Angefangen habe ich schon in meiner frühen Jugend, mit Stricken. Pullover und Jacken waren mein Liebstes. In der Zeit in der ich mit meinen Kindern Schwanger war, habe ich mal das eine oder andere kleine Muster gestickt, aber dann wieder zum Stricken gewechselt und hauptsächlich Socken für die ganze Familie gestickt, bis ich irgendwann – ich glaube das war Ende 2011, Anfang 2012 ein Teddy-Muster in einer Kreuzstichzeitung gesehen habe. Dann hatte mir der Virus wieder in seinen Krallen, und seit dem komme ich auch nicht davon los. Und noch im selben Winter habe ich an meinem ersten SAL teilgenommen.



How long have you been stitching and how did you start?

I started in my early teens, with knitting. Sweaters and jackets were my favorite. During the time I was pregnant with my kids, I used to sew a few little patterns, but then changed to knitting again and mostly embroidered socks for the whole family, until sometime - I think that was the end of 2011, the beginning 2012 saw a teddy pattern in a cross-stitch paper. Then the virus got back in my claws, and since then I can not get rid of it. And that same winter I participated in my first SAL.



3. Wie lange hast du geblogged und was hat dich zum Start motiviert? Gibt es eine Geschichte hinter deinem Blog-Titel?

Ich blogge nun seit Herbst 2012. Mit dem Neuanfangen beim Sticken habe ich auch mit dem Lesen von blogs begonnen und wollte dann irgendwann auch von meinen Arbeiten erzählen. Mein Blogtitel ist schnell erklärt – ich habe soviele Interessen, auch wenn ich sie nicht alle auf dem blog zeige, aber es ist ein allerlei-hobby.

How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start?  Is there a story behind your blog title?

I've been blogging since Autumn of 2012. With the new beginning in embroidering, I also started reading blogs and at some point wanted to talk about my work as well. My blog title is explained quickly - I have so many interests, even if I do not show them all on the blog, but it's a hobby of all sorts.


4. Wie würdest du deinen Nähstil beschreiben? Bist du ein Serienanfänger, ein Rotator, ein OAAT (einer nach dem anderen), hoch organisiert, zufällig und eklektisch usw.?

Ich glaube, von allem etwas. Ich sticke gerne Serien, ich liebe Round Robins, aber auch schöne einzelne Motive – egal ob groß oder klein.

How would you describe your stitching style? Are you a serial starter, a rotator, a OAAT (one at a time), highly organised, random and eclectic, etc.?

I think something of everything. I love to embroider series, I love Round Robins, but also beautiful single motifs - no matter if it's big or small.


5. Hast du einen Lieblingsdesigner oder einen Designstil, zu dem du dich hingezogen fühlst?

Nein, kann ich nicht sagen – es muss diesen "Wow Effekt" bei mir auslösen. Sehr gerne mag ich die Motive von LHN und CCN, aber auch Madame La Fee, Veronique Enginger und im Moment verliebe ich mich in die Arbeiten von Stoney Creek.



Do you have a favourite designer or style of design you are drawn to?

No, I can not say - it has to trigger this "wow effect" with me. I really like the motifs of LHN and CCN, but also Madame La Fee, Veronique Enginger and at the moment I have fallen in love with the work of Stoney Creek.


6. Auf welches Stück bist du in deiner Sammlung besonders stolz?

Auf meine kuschelnden Teddies auf jeden Fall, und auf die zwei Mustertücher in Durchbruch und Hohlsaumstickerei.
Ich bin aber auch sehr stolz auf meine Patchworkarbeiten und Quilts – diese Technik mache ich auch erst sein 5 Jahren. Und am meisten Stolz bin ich hier auf meinen POTC-Rainbow-Quilt. Dieser ist nach eigenen Ideen entstanden.



Which piece are you most proud of in your collection?

Of my cuddly teddies definitely, and on the two samplers in drawn threadwork and hemstitch embroidery.
But I'm also very proud of my patchwork work and quilts - this technique is only 5 years old. And I'm most proud of my POTC Rainbow Quilt here. This was created after my own ideas.



7. Was war deine schlimmste Nähte Katastrophe?

Eine wirkliche Katastrpohe hatte ich zum Glück noch nicht, Mir ist nur einmal ein Tropfen Kaffee auf ein weißes Leinen getropft, zum Glück war es aber weit genug außerhalb einer Stickerei.

What has been your worst stitching disaster?

Fortunately, I have not had a real disaster, just dropped a drop of coffee on a white linen, but luckily it was far enough away from any embroidery.


8. Welche neue Technik würdest du gerne ausprobieren, entweder Stitching, Finishing oder ein anderes Handwerk?

Verschiedene Sticktechniken habe ich schon ausprobiert, aber ich würde gerne lernen wie man die schönen, kleinen Ornamente macht, egal ob rund oder oval, die ich schon auf so vielen blogs gesehen habe



Which new technique would you like to try, either stitching, finishing or another craft?

I have already tried different embroidery techniques, but I would like to learn how to make the beautiful little ornaments, whether round or oval, which I have seen on so many blogs.


9. Haben Sie eine Schachtel mit fertigen, aber nicht vollständig fertiggestellten Teilen? Oder ist alles FFO? Was ist dein liebster Weg, um ein Projekt fertig zu stellen und was machst du damit?

Am liebsten mache ich meine Arbeiten auch zeitnah zum Sticken schon fertig – egal ob mit Stoff eingerahmt oder in einem Bilderrahmen. Allerdings habe ich auch ein UFO hier liegen – die Teddies von SodaStitch. Aber auch die bekommen bald ihren Rahmen.

Do you have a box of finished-but-not-fully-finished pieces? Or is everything FFO'd? What's your favourite way to fully finish a project and what do you do with them?

I also like to fully finish my work in a timely fashion for embroidering - no matter if it is framed with fabric or in a picture frame. However, I also have a UFO lying here - the Teddies from SodaStitch. But they will soon get their frame.


10. Welches Ihrer Projekte repräsentiert am meisten "Sie"?

Ich denke, kein bestimmtes Projekt. Bei einigen Arbeiten habe ich nach Lust und Laune Veränderungen vorgenommen. Zb habe ich von LHN Santas Village als einzelne Motive gestickt und gerahmt, oder ihre kleinen Motive aus der Serie Hometown Holliday zu einem ganzen Bild zusammengefügt – wie ein kleines Dorf. Auch ändere ich gerne mal was an den Farben und passe es meinem Geschmack an, und mache es so zu meinem ganz Eigenen.
Oder ich verbinde einfach zwei Techniken miteinander und gebe so dem Stickbild etwas Neues dazu.


Which of your projects most represents "you"?

I think, not a specific project. For some works, I made changes as the mood dictates. For example, I embroidered and framed LHN Santa's Village as individual motifs, or put together their small motifs from the series Hometown Holiday into a whole picture - like a small village. Also, I like to change something in the colors and adapt it to my taste, and make it my own.
Or I simply combine two techniques together and give the embroidery picture something new.




11. Erzähl uns ein Geheimnis über dich. Oder ein Witz. Über alles mögliche!

Ich liebe Chips und Popcorn – und das am liebsten wenn ich "Columbo" schaue. Ich liebe Peter Falk als Kommisar, wie er immer seine Täter findet, wenn er in seinem Trench Coat und seinem alten Auto unterwegs ist. Ich habe schon so viele Folgen davon gesehen, und überlege jedes Mal, wann er sich für seinen Täter entscheidet.

Tell us a secret about yourself. Or a joke. About anything!

I love chips and popcorn - and that's when I watch "Columbo". I love Peter Falk as a detective, as he always finds his perpetrators when he is in his trench coat and his old car on the road. I've seen so many episodes of it, and think about it every time he decides who is the perpetrator of the crime.


12. Was möchtest du hinzufügen?

Zum Schluss möchte ich mich ganz herzlich für die Einladung zu diesem Interview bedanken, es hat mir großen Spaß gemacht, etwas über mich zu erzählen und ich freue mich, auf diesem Wege wieder neue blogs und Freunde kennen zu lernen.

Anything you would like to add?

Finally I would like to thank you very much for the invitation to this interview, it was great fun to tell something about me and I am looking forward to getting to know new blogs and friends in this way.






37 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your interview. I haven't seen Columbo in years. Takes me back!
    Your work is beautiful. I simply can't pick a favorite. I am heading over to your blog now to check out more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following Martina's blog for quite awhile and she is certainly mult-talented!! She failed to mention she also designs cross stitch patterns and shares the patterns on her blog. I stitched an adorable snowman pattern that she posted, be sure to check that out. Martina it was fun learning more about you! I enjoyed Columbo years and years ago when it was on tv too, I might have to re-watch them! Love all the works you posted here, some are unfamiliar to me and so nice to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Martina,
    ein wunderschönes Interview. Bie viele von deinen Werken habe ich die Entstehung im Laufe der Zeit auf deinem Blog mitverfolgen können.
    Besonders deine Stiefmütterchen gefallen mir sehr gut.
    Liebe Grüße, deine Manuela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, und wir haben auch schon einiges gemeinsam gestickt.

      Delete
  4. What a great post.
    Loved getting to know you more, and WOW beautiful stitching .

    Love the teddy pillow , you are one talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martina I enjoyed learning more about you my friend! Would you please show a picture of your sweet rabbits on your blog? I would love to see them! I have not seen Columbo in many years. My husband and daughter are currently watching the Highway To Heaven series again. It is nice to watch the older series. I LOVE your rainbow quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanky you very much, my friend,
      i will show my lovely rabbits soon on my block.
      Hugs

      Delete
  6. So viele schone kreutzstich Sache aber es geffalt mir mehr das Dorf.AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely creative projects you have shared, nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hallo, Martina~ Nice to read about you and your bunnies. :) Your rainbow quilt is just stunning as is your Santa's Village!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, soon i will show a picture of my bunnies on my blog.

      Delete
  9. Wow, da habe ich aber viel über dich erfahren. Tolle Bilder hast du gestickt. Deine LHN Village gefällt mir am besten. Wir sehen uns auf deinem Blog wieder.
    Winkegrüße Lari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank liebe Lari, freue mich auf deinen Besuch.

      Delete
  10. Ich dachte es mir schon, dich bald hier zu sehen. Und es war sehr interessant, mehr über dich zu lesen. Und ein paar deiner Werke wiederzusehen. Diese Teddies damals haben so richtig süchtig gemacht, nicht wahr? Ich habe auch noch ein Teddy Projekt, das ich noch fertig sticken muss, aber es fehlt nicht mehr viel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja es stimmt mit diesen Teddies hat das große Sticken angefangen, sie sind aber auch zu goldig und man kommt nicht um sie rum, zumindest ich nicht.
      Lieben Dank für deinen Kommentar

      Delete
  11. Great answers. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Martine, schön, dich zu treffen! Tolle Stickarbeiten hast du da, gefallen mir gut.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you very much, Leonore.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always nice to learn more about fellow cross-stitching bloggers, Martina! I always love seeing your finishes and your beautiful quilts. And I love knowing you have bunnies :) Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very lovely to meet you, Martina and to see some of your gorgeous stitched pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is great to meet you and learn about you, Martina. Your rainbow quilt is just stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Martina how lovely to learn more about you. You are such a talented person with a wonderful blog that I love to visit. I love your choices in cross stitch and how you finish them. Your quilts are always works of art that I admire so much. Your hometown sounds lovely. It is my dream to visit Germany one day. RJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, my friend, for this lovely comment,
      Hugs, martina

      Delete
  18. Very beautiful stitching Martina and a pleasure to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Martina, you have a lovely selection of work. The quilt that you designed is impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.