Friday 20 October 2017

Brigitte at Brigitte's Place

This week's Blogger of the Week has been an online friend and follower for many years, since I was first stitching the Dark Alphabet project.  She's also been taking part in the Alphabet Club with some delicious German cakes as well as some lovely stitching.  She is one of our multi-lingual bloggers, blogging in English but commenting in both German and French.  Some people are so talented!  So please say Welcome, Willkommen and Bienvenue to Brigitte from


1. Please introduce yourself – name, where you are from, family, pets etc.

My name is Brigitte and I live in the south of Germany in a very nice mountainous region.


2. How long have you been stitching and how did you start?

I started stitching back in the 1990s.  We had a Canadian exchange student living with us for several months and in the evenings she was sitting on the couch stitching on a cross s titch project.  Back then I didn’t know anything about counted cross stitch, the only thing I had seen before was stamped cross stitch.  And she stitched on a Mirabilia angel or fairy. Then she showed me how counted cross stitch works.  And after discovering a German company who sold books and patterns from US-designers I was hooked.

Gathering Place by Stoney Creek


3. How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start? Is there a story behind your blog title?

Some online stitching friends started blogging and I liked the idea to have a blog of my own.  And as you can see from my blog title there is no story behind it, lol.


4. How would you describe your stitching style? Are you a serial starter, a rotator, a OAAT (one at a time), highly organised, random and eclectic, etc.?

Definitely a serial starter.  I’d love to be a rotator but whenever I compile a rotation it just works for a while and I feel great about it.  But then falls apart because I discover something in my stash that I have to start.  This urge can only be satisfied by starting it immediately.  So you could say that I’m the opposite of highly organized, lol. But hey, it’s a hobby and it’s supposed to be fun all over :)

Plymouth Sampler by Brenda Keyes


5. Do you have a favourite designer or style of design you are drawn to?

My first love was the Prairie Schooler, and it still is.  Other than that I stitch what catches my eye, and that goes from traditional samplers to cute designs and everything
between.

Christmas Village by The Prairie Schooler


6. Which piece are you most proud of in your collection?

That might be Good Neighbours by Paula Vaughan.  It was my very first big project and it uses 74 colours (if I remember right) and fractional stitches.  Back then I didn’t even know what fractional stitches are.  So it was a real adventure.

Good Neighbors by Paula Vaughan


7. What has been your worst stitching disaster?

I once had stitched and fully finished an ornament for an exchange.  But just before wrapping it up I spilled a cup of coffee over it.  I threw it away and stitched the ornament again.


8. Which new technique would you like to try, either stitching, finishing or another craft?

I’m just happy with cross stitch.


9. Do you have a box of finished-but-not-fully-finished pieces? Or is everything FFO'd? What's your favourite way to fully finish a project and what do you do with them?

I have a box and a drawer with not-fully-finished projects.  I fully finish some of my smaller projects but the rest goes into the drawer or box.  For me the process of stitching is the most important.

Summer Arches by Bent Creek


10. Which of your projects most represents "you"?

I would say all of them.

Trousse Mimi Lapin by Les fées brodeuses


11. Tell us a secret about yourself. Or a joke. About anything!

Not really a secret: I love western movies, particularly the old ones.  My favourites are El Dorado and Rio Bravo, I can watch them over and over again..


12. Anything you would like to add?

I love this feature because I love to get to know new bloggers and learn more about the ones I already know.  I hope that you will still find a lot of bloggers who want to participate so that the Blogger of the Week can go on and on and on … :)



Thank you, Brigitte.  Everyone says how much they enjoy this feature.  If you have not been interviewed and would like to be, please email me.  If you know a brilliant blogger, then pass their details on to me so I can discover them too.



23 comments:

  1. So nice to learn more about Brigitte! Your work is beautiful and so varied in styles. Interesting interview...thanks for hosting these Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to learn more about you Brigitte! I love Rio Bravo as well. :) Love seeing the photos of your projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brigitte I enjoyed learning just a bit more about you my friend. And I adore Trousse Mimi Lapin by Les fées brodeuses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, schön, auf diese Art mal ein paar deiner älteren Projekte zu sehen :) Von Paula Vaughan muss ich auch irgendwann mal was sticken, die hat ja tolle Sachen gemacht. Und lustig, dass du auch erst in den 90ern mit dem Sticken angefangen hast, ich dachte, du wärst schon viel länger dabei!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Brigitte,
    es war schön den Beitrag zu lesen und einiges über dich zu erfahren.
    Das Bild von Paula Vaughan sieht wunderschön aus. Ich mag die Vorlagen von Paula Vaughn und habe auch einige in meiner Sammlung, muss aber gestehen, ich habe noch nicht eine einzig von ihr gestickt.
    Das Trousse Mimi Lapin ist ein richtiger Schatz.
    Liebe Grüße Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was really nice to learn more about you Brigitte. All of your stitched pieces are lovely.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to learn more about you and see your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to learn more about you and see your work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to get to know you better Brigitte.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice to meet you. I have added you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Brigitte, nice to meet you, you've done some beautiful stitching

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Prairie Schooler, it's lovely to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas Village by PS was such a fun stitch. Thank you for y<our comment.

      Delete
  13. Glad to learn more about you Brigitte! I LOVE your Good Neighbours piece, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is lovely to see more of your beautiful projects Brigitte and great to learn more about you.Mine and my husbands family grew up with Westerns and the John Wayne ones are still popular with us:)
    Your Paula Vaughn cross stitch is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I already know you but you have added some lovely pieces in this post! I especially like the Plymouth Sampler.I'd love to stitch that one day!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn, for your nice comment.

      Delete
  17. Wow Brigette ,you have a candy box of stitching , so many beautiful designs .
    Loved your story .

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's been really nice to get to know you better, Brigitte. I love how you were inspired to start cross-stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well I must have missed this interview. I enjoyed reading more about you Brigette. I so enjoy your blog and have enjoyed hearing more about you here. You have such a beautiful group of stitches you have shown here. RJ

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.